Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

Our Lazy Sunday Morning

Sundays are pretty simple in our house and we love our super lazy mornings. I love them because they are quiet, relaxing and a perfect time for me and my husband to just be quiet together. 

Sundays always start with a lie in whether we sleep in or just lie in bed together talking about the week and any general worries we might have.  This normally goes on until one of us (this is usually me) gets hungry. 

I woke up yesterday morning feeling fairly groggy (think I am getting a cold) so wanted something comforting for breakfast so we decided on Banana Porridge and a good old cup of tea.  

Here is the recipe I use, it's pretty simple and easily serves 2.

1 cup Oats
2 cups Milk
1 large banana (makes the porridge sweeter if they're riper)
Tsp Honey
Sprinkle of Cinnamon (to taste)
Hand full of dried fruit (optional)

I added the oats to a saucepan with the milk and on a medium low heat gently heated the porridge. When starting to thicken I added the banana, cinnamon and honey and heated until the bananas disintegrated a little and was the consistency you like it. I like mine served hot with some raisins, however we had ran out. I also tipped in a lot of cinnamon as the top fell off oops. 


While eating our breakfast we have recently got into the habit of watching Waking The Dead that we tape the night before on the Drama channel, however yesterday this was disrupted as when the Hamsters woke up we took this time to clean out their cages. 

We have two Syrian Hamsters (our fur babies) called Arnold and Maisie who are adorable and a little crazy at times (just like their human parents lol).




Maisie 

Arnold

These two little cuties make Sundays all the better, even if it's putting on rubber gloves to clean up their poo. 

We love our Sundays and I believe we are a closer couple for it, just spending that bit of time being together makes all the difference. 

Thanks for reading.

Just Kelly xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment